Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by steve zeus 22 Jul 2011, 09:01
We left at 9am on the 9th July, first stop was down to Maxine's Cafe for a full english breakfast.
Waiting in the que at Plymouth to board the ferry
Hundreds of bikes waiting to get off the ferry in Santander Spain
We then travelled up through Spain and into France 260 miles, this is the gite being the accomadation we used at the foot of the Pyreenes for our 10 day stay, and used this as our base.

Great location where we stayed, and handy for our day time trips out on the bike.
A little village, where we stopped off for a coffee when on a day trip on the bikes
We had to wait in a que because the road was closed due to the Tour de France passing by us.
A days visit to San Biritizz.
I had to stop and take this pic which caught my eye, it was a lovelly little village we rode through on our way back to the gite.
Half way up the Pyreenes the views were fantastic.
We stopped at a cafe bar for lunch in the Pyreenees and saw these three massive bikes, notice the low clouds.
There are loads of mountain ponies running free on the Pyreenees, and so tame and friendly, little did I know until later that this pony was Christmas dinner for some French family, as they are bred up there for that purpose because the French eat horse, I was gutted!....
We also did a bike run to Lourdes, where the sick and infirm line up to be cured of their illnesses by drinking and bathing in the holy water, there were thousands of people there.
This cue was miles long.
We had a fantastic time, and managed to get 2,680 miles in, just waiting my Credit Card
bill in now,as all the fuel bills went on the card l.o.l. Food, drink and fuel was very expensive in France, 5 euros a glass of larger, but wine was only 2 euros a bottle in the supermarkets, so drank the French & Spanish wines in the evenings, most of our main meals were done ourselves, and we had a few barb-a-cues aswell.....

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by annabelle 22 Jul 2011, 16:34
Great Pictures Steve .
The Pyreenees Area is Beautiful and I love the Alps and Jura regions of France my Daughter worked in the Jura for a Dutch Company years ago its hard to beat for Scenery ,Good Food too . :D Ann :D